Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thoughts in my brain...after one month home...

Trying to apply topical medicine to a two year old is like trying to complete a paint by numbers picture that is attached to a bungee cord as it is suspended out of the door of an airplane. Similar things can be said about dressing a two year old.

I knew that little boys + even slightly cold air or water + no diapers = pee but man alive, I really underestimated the hand eye coordination and lighting quick speed you really have to have when rediapering, especially after a bath.

One itty bitty person adds a lot of extra laundry to the world.

As the mother of a toddler, I should buy shares in antibacterial hand soap. I have seriously used more soap over the last month than I have over all of 2008. Maybe I wasn't washing my hands enough before...

Wow! My shirt resembles a Jackson Pollack style painting rendered soley in peanut butter, boogers, saliva, and other unnamed substances.

It is totally possible to think "Get up and to do something productive" at the same time you are thinking "Sit down and soak in those clingy little hands that are telling you to hold me."

Apparently, toys are for occasional playing. "Real" playing occurs with the dog bowls, chairs, keys, remote controls, cell phones, baby strollers, assorted clothing items and more than anything, shoes.

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Great observations! Enjoy this time!

Amanda said...

Isn't it glorious? I can't wait!

Bill and Christina said...

So very true! Your post made me giggle thank you for writing it.
Christina

Salzwedel Family said...

Those are good thoughts and brought a smile to my face.