Monday, February 2, 2009

Menu Planning Monday

I've been on a bit of a hiatus with our holiday traveling, traveling to Haiti, bringing Kenson home, etc.. But I think I'm getting back into the swing of things now. D is home during the day for a few more weeks so I need to plan lunches for us all too. (Usually I don't do lunches because it's just leftovers or something quick.)

With Kenson, the foods we eat are generally new to him. I try to fix him a plate of what we are having. If he doesn't like the main parts of what we are eating, he loves peanut butter sandwiches so he can always have that. Or I have rice in the freezer that I thaw out and mix with either refried beans or tuna fish. He's not thrilled about vegetables yet but really likes pureed fruits. We'll just keep offering vegetables. I've tried offering pureed veggies but he refuses those.

Anyway, here's what we are eating this week and maybe next, depending on our travel schedule. I've also got a few freezer meals and quick fix things so we should be good to go.

Crock Pot Roast (I often add a can of beef broth and a package of Italian salad dressing mix.)
Hot Crash Potatoes
Mixed Vegetables

Creamed Beef and Biscuits (I'll add the mixed vegetables to the leftover beef and broth, then thicken it with cornstarch. Then into a baking dish and top it with biscuit dough dollops ala Bisquick. Bake and it's done!)

Peanut Butter Pancakes (I love flavored pancakes. These are awesome with maple syrup.)
Bacon
Frozen fruit

Taco Burgers (I'm going to use this recipe as a guideline but I'm not going to follow it all the way. I'm also going to add Monteray Jack Cheese.)
Apples or oranges
Carrots and celery

Stromboli (using pepperoni instead of ground beef)
Apples or oranges

Pasta with sauce
California Blend veggies

No comments: