Sunday, February 8, 2009

Haiti Trip January 2009-Haiti Children's Home

Things have been crazy here so I haven't really had time to process our time in Haiti. I always have a hard time sorting out my thoughts when we come back. It's such a foreign land in so many ways. There are things that amaze me about Haiti and things I despise about it. When we go, I am always reminded that God doesn't want me living there. This place I'm in right now is where I'm supposed to be. But Haiti and the people who live there rattle around in my head with a million thoughts. Writing about it seems to help with the rattling and emotions.

This time in Haiti I was ready to be done before it was time to be done. I think that was mostly due to the fact that while we were at Haiti Children' Home, we were dealing with the anticipation of picking up Kenson.

We spent 3 days with Conleigh before traveling into Port Au Prince to pick up Kenson. Our days at HCH with Conleigh were good. We were only there a short time so it didn't feel like we got much accomplished. It felt a bit like we were lacking a purpose because we knew our time was limited and not really good for accomplishing a big project. We did do a quick handprint heart craft with the big kids. And I sat in on school there for a short time to see if I could give Minnie, the teacher, any ideas.


No comments: