Friday, February 5, 2010

Let's see...



Yesterday we flew home from Florida. Conleigh really wanted nothing to do with D most of the time. She flew really good for the most part. She was still very sucked into herself, very withdrawn and sad. She finally started perking up about halfway through the car ride home from Omaha. For some reason, she started singing "Happy Birthday to Papa!" and trying to feed him birthday cake. Over and over. She thought she was hilarous!



This morning was okay until I got in the bath with her. Then she was mad. And stayed mad at me most of the day and wanted nothing to do with me and only wanted D. Until the afternoon where she played in the play kitchen with me for a bit. And then my folks showed up with Kenson. And things changed so she was back to being mad at me and only wanting D. She had a major screaming tantrum twice, the last one resulting in me taking her upstairs and basically blocking the bedroom door and telling her she couldn't scream or we'd just stay upstairs. All of that was because D wouldn't let her sit with him anymore because she'd been glued to him for hours on end. She just wouldn't go to me at all. Anyway, after supper she perked up again and was excited to play in the play kitchen with Kenson. At bedtime, she kept pointing at Kenson's bedroom door and saying , "More." But after 2 minutes of light out and laying with Papa, she was out like a light.


Kenson is thrilled. He has worked very hard to share and take turns with her. He keeps calling her "baby Conleigh" and saying "talk to me". She of course does not.

We are really glad to see Kenson. He went to Grandma and Grandpa's last Friday and it's been a long time since we've seen him. I forgot how funny he really is. And how joyful his presence makes me.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

D,K,Kenson & Miss Conleigh: We are so very happy for you. How wonderful of you to share these sweet pictures and you experiences as coming home. God Bless all of you. From tragedy comes blessings and we are so very happy for you all. Remaining in our prayers. love and huggss, Rick,jan, Kels, M, K, and R.

Sean's Ladies said...

Congrats, Kayla!

we'll be praying for your transition. see if she'll let you give her vanilla milk in a bottle or be spoon fed jello or something yummy. Let me know if you need anything

Jen said...

Oh Kayla, I am crying now. I am so happy that your family is safe and together at home. Those two children are just beautiful together. I'm sure the adjustment will be hard on everyone for awhile, hang in there and remember that you have survived much tougher times already. God is SO good!!!