Monday, February 22, 2010

Disciplining Adopted Kids, Well, All Kids

I read this post a few months back and found it to be outstanding. (It's a bit long but when you one you get to the middle, it really picks up. Given that so many of us are parenting some new kiddos, I thought reposting it would be a good idea.)

Parenting adopted kids can sometimes be different but I think in some ways, people forget that when you parent from a Biblical worldview, the base for ALL parenting comes from the same place. Parenting must stem from the belief that all Scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, correcting, and training in righteousness. Adopted kid or not.

2 comments:

rumomom said...

Thanks for this link, it was SO helpful. Struggling to figure out who to listen to and what "experts" to follow . We have three home from Haiti and it is a challenge everyday. Thanks again!!!!

rumomom said...

Thank you for posting this link. We just brought home three little guys from Haiti and I am struggling with who to"listen"to and what advice to follow. I loved this link. It really clarified some things for me!!! Thanks