Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Microbraid/braidlocs in!

They've actually been in for about a week now.  I won't even venture a guess as to how many there are or how long it took.   But now they're in and I can relax for a bit.  I'm taking the no washing and no soaking route for a few weeks to try to help keep down the fuzzies.   So our routine is coconut oil mixed with olive oil twice a day and a little spray of water if they are looking too funky from sleeping.  They're not quite long enough to do two pigtails.  Almost though...I'm guessing that in a month, they will be.  I was a bit worried about the diameter, that they would be too small and prone to breaking, but they seem to be okay.  Conleigh does have some "trouble spots" where her hair was damaged and too short to braid so I just left that section alone since it's too fragile to really braid yet.  Her hairline is still growing in too so I kind of have left it a little frizzier so that I didn't have to braid in those fragile spots too.  It's in on cornrow in the middle and two braids on the sides right now.  Love it!