Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Easy Peasy Layered Satin Flowers

Sooo...we had scheduled family pictures for Saturday and I ordered a cute flower barrette off of etsy.com just for the purpose of the pictures.  I ordered two weeks ahead of time and didn't think much of it until the Wednesday before pictures when I realized it hadn't arrived yet.  I contacted the seller who was easy to work with but the real issue was that I didn't have anything for Conleigh's hair for the pictures.  I was wanting something special, something that was unique.  The closest store is Walmart which has a pretty decent hair accessory selection but they didn't have exactly what I had in mind.  Next choice would be to drive 45 minutes to a larger town with more selection but I was just there on Tuesday and was going back on Saturday.  Really don't want to waste my gas just for a hair dealie.  So I decided that it might be time to try making my own satin flowers using a couple of different tutorials I had seen online. 


The first one came out a bit to large for Conleigh's head, but it was still pretty cute.  (See here for a great tutorial for a similar flower.)  The other ones are just layered circles which I've seen in a variety of spots.  These are the ones I ended up using.  I actually got two compliments on them at the photo place.  Anyway, I'm hoping to add some to my etsy shop so be checking there.  And I'm always happy to do custom orders if you'd like some for stocking stuffers.  Pretty cute, I have to say...


No comments: