Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How Not to Make Cinnamon Rolls in Your Bread Machine


Despite the dough oozing out of the top, (Perhaps my bread machine is too small for the recipe? Perhaps?) they did turn out okay.

Although upon further conversation with my husband, I really didn't even need to make them. He was taking a group of soccer boys to watch the state soccer tourneyment on Monday. When we were grocery shopping on Friday, he was looking at the discounted cinnamon rolls and said something about taking them on Monday. Since he had looked at multiple packages, I assumed he was planning to take them for everyone so I told him that I would just make some homemade ones. They would cost less plus they would probably taste better anyway. Once I had the rolls rising, I doublechecked with him to see for sure how many I would need. He acted surprised and then figured out I was making them for everyone. He had intended to just get cinnamon rolls for himself. Oh, well!

A word to the wise-I really don't like bread machine bread. It doesn't get as crusty on the outside. And sometimes it seems too dense. So long story short, I just use the bread machine on the dough cycle. It does all the mixing and kneading inside the machine so it keeps my counters from getting covered in flour. And it also does a nice job of keeping the bread warm for a first rise. Don't know why it never dawned on me to do that before; thanks to my Aunt Sheree for telling me that trick.

4 comments:

Bill and Christina said...

It looks good to me!!!


Christina

Jodie said...

"The Blob, 2009" coming soon to a kitchen near you...

Terry said...

I just can't get my breadmaker to work right. I haven't done anything in it that worked...but cinnamon rolls sound fun! Yum!

NUSLP said...

REcipe please:) Also how many times does it need to rise so I know that I can get it out to bake in the ove?