Monday, January 18, 2010

Good News, I Think...

Pardon my lack of enthusiasm. My heart is screaming and elated. My head is cautioning that I don't know that anything is for sure just yet. The Department of State is granting Humanitarian Parole to all children with pending US adoptions. It should apply to us however the wording says "case by case basis" so I can't say for sure since I don't know what that means. We also need to have proof of Conleigh's adoptability. For us that would mean relinquishment papers where her birth mom agreed to place her within the care of HCH. Things I would ask you to specifically pray for:

-pray we would get the documentation that we need to prove that Conleigh was entrusted to HCH's care; communication with Conleigh's orphanage has been spotty at best
-pray that we would clearly communicate our case via email to the state department so that it might be clear that we committed to Conleigh and that she is eligible for adoption
-pray that our case would be approved and we would be granted Humanitarian Parole

2 comments:

Sylvie said...

I am keeping you and your family in prayer. I wish there was something I could do. I just watch the news and wish I could just bring all of the children to the states and places them in homes. I pray that it is also a speedy process for you

Sylvie
www.chroniclesofmommyhood.typepad.com

Julie said...

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers! The information seems positive but not so clear, so praying you hear something definitely encouraging today.