Sunday, November 23, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

Turkey Noodle Soup, lettuce, breadsticks
I made a turkey for our church's Thanksgiving dinner but they wanted you to bring it in deboned, etc.. So I kept the carcass and boiled it for some turkey broth. Now I'll just have to add noodles and veggies.

Honey Baked French Toast, turkey bacon, fresh fruit

Minute Steak Crock Pot Supper, Magic Mousse Jello with strawberries
I'm going to use the recipe I've linked but use minute steak instead. I also use reduced fat soup and sour cream. With the cheese in the recipe, I use half low fat and half regular. Reduced fat cheese is one thing that isn't always as good as regular; it doesn't melt nearly as nice and can do funny things if you use it when cooking. I also don't brown the meat ahead of time; this saves both time and fat calories since you are asked to brown it in oil.

Savory Skillet Noodles, California blend, fresh fruit

Thanksgiving Meal (at my house, I think...my grandma is in the hospital so the plans are a bit up in the air)

Turkey
Mashed potatoes
Dacia's Scallopped Corn Casserole
Green Beans
Three Fruit Relish (Really yummy, crisp and tart, cold cranberry salad)
Pumpkin Dump Cake (kind of like an upside down pumpkin pie)


Check out this blog for more recipes and ideas.

8 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

We are half way through the oreo balls. They are in the fridge until Jessica gets back from a special church event. Do you use the vanilla or chocolate bark? We bought both but plan to use the vanilla.

kayder1996 said...

I just made these this week with the vanilla. Before it hardened, I sprinkled them with Christmas colored sprinkles. So festive.

Unknown said...

Never thought to add hot dogs to the cornbread casserole! We are having that for Thanksgiving too. Have a good holiday. We need to make our menu too.

Kathy Cassel said...

Um, I think Jessica did something wrong because ours were soggy and looked, uh, interesting. We have enough stuff to try again.

kayder1996 said...

Okay, Kathy, I seriously thought they were the easiest thing I've ever made, something pretty hard to have flop. Apparently I was wrong. It sounded like you let them chill so I don't know. How finely crushed did you do the Oreos? They should be like graham cracker crumbs almost, not in big chunks. I hope your second batch turns out better.

Niki Jolene said...

That dump cake sounds good!

:)

Kathy Cassel said...

I think that was it. She didn't really crush them small and may not have beat the cream cheese enough first. She was doing it alone. They tasted great but just didn't look too good. Ty called them "snowman poop." Guy thing.

kayder1996 said...

Snowman Poop! Lovely! Even when they're made correctly, they actually could probably be called that. I may have to rename them.