Sunday, November 16, 2008

Menu Planning Monday

I have two new recipes I really want to try.

One if for Crock Pot Curried Rice. We both are big fans of the flavor curry gives to dishes so I'm hoping this is a hit. I think I'll grill some chicken breast to go with it. (Although I could probably just throw them in the crock pot with the rice.)

The other one is Fish Stick Po' Boys. I generally do not buy prepared food like chicken strips or fish sticks as they are usually not all that healthy and, while I'm not a total organic girl, if I can, I avoid processed stuff. But this recipe only uses 3-4 fish sticks per sandwiches and has a spicy kick to it. Maybe some California blend on the side wtih some fresh fruit?

Lasagne, lettuce salad

Tuna melts, oven potatoes, peas (tuna melts are so easy, just your usual tuna salad, topped with cheese and then broiled in your oven)

Philly Sandwiches, chocolate pudding with bananas and Cool Whip (I saute green peppers and onion in a bit of butter, then add sliced deli roast beef, a bit of Worchestershire sauce, and top with cheese)

Cheesy Potato Soup, lettuce salad, garlic bread (I usually use low fat Velveeta and omit the bacon. I also mash/puree the potatoes before I add the milk products for a creamy soup.)

No comments: