Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Thoughts from Kindergarten

I subbed for our speech and language teacher today. I had a small group of two students this morning who were working on drawing some sounds. As they were drawing, the conversation shifted towards the election. One little boy said he wasn't going to tell me who he was voting for. To which I replied, "I don't share who I vote for either."

Little boy number two says, "Well I don't trust Obama."

Little boy one, "Are you poor? Obama will make you pay less taxes if you are poor."

Little boy two "I don't think I'm poor, 'cuz I have a Wii."

Too funny to hear...they're both in kindergarten. Wonder who their parents are voting for?

4 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

They probably have more wisdom than some who are at the polls this very hour.

Lisa said...

We made a point of not telling Kaylen who we were going to vote for. Today when I picked her up, Kaylen said she voted for Sarah P (she couldn't remember her last name) - apparently they had a mock election. She said because she likes her - I think because she was the only girl. I said, "Oh, so you voted for John McCain & Sarah Palin?" She said, "No, just Sarah Palin." I then had to explain that they were together...

NUSLP said...

I am the SLP that she subbed for and knowing the kids is even funnier! Thanks Kayla. My thoughts and fears of who would be me yesterday was calmed when Jenn emailed me and told me you were my sub:)

Thanks Kayla! Great story!

kayder1996 said...

Actually it's first grade...I forgot.