Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sewing Supplies Reorganized/New Bag Created

I finally decide that it was time to do something about the mess that I was making with my purses. I think the fact that my huge stash of fabric kept falling of the stool I had it perched on had something to do with it. So I moved my sewing machine off the dining room table. I set up our card table as a cutting table. (Check out the giant "paper cutter"; it's actually for fabric and it is my absolute favorite tool of all time.) And I pulled out a small table that I had shoved in a closet because I didn't know where to put it. (Nevermind the door. We live in an old house so we've got doors that really lead absolutely no where. Trust me; no one is missing out because the door is blocked off.) And I actually decided to use the iron cabinet I snagged from my mother in law. My fabric found a home too. So much neater and we could actually sit at the table now if we wanted!


I also decided to make a diaper bag/tote bag for myself using pictures of my kids. I'm so pleased with the result! People often ask me for pictures of my kids and I never have any. Not the case anymore.


2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

WHen I'm writing a book--and I have one under contract right now--there are craft supplies everywhere as I try to create crafts that are easy, inexpensive and useful.

Unknown said...

You organized your fabric like I did. You will love that new area. Cute bag! Love it!