Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meal Planning Monday

On the menu this week...

Olive Garden Chicken Vino Bianco with pasta and salad

Hamburgers, buns, oven fried potatoes, and some kind of veggie

Wonton Soup with lettuce salad and some kind of bread-I'll be changing things a bit because we can't get all the ingredients. The recipe calls for frozen premade wontons. That's a no go here. So I just buy wonton wrappers and cut them into noodles and add them to the broth.

Tuna Patties with baked potatoes and frozen mixed vegetables-I don't really follow a recipe for this. I just dump. I usually use two cans of tuna fish, packed in water, one egg, and some bread crumbs. I drain the water from the tuna, add the beaten egg, and then add the bread crumbs until I get a mixture that will stay together in a patty shape. I sometimes add seasoning like Mrs. Dash or a grill seasoning but salt and pepper work just fine. Form the tuna mixture into patties and cook in a skillet over medium to medium high heat until golden brown on both sides.

Cream Cheese Chicken Enchilladas with salsa verde and corn-didn't get to this last week

I did these enchilladas last night. I started with 4 oz. of softened cream cheese. I added about 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, 1 4 oz. can of green chillies, 1/2 cup chicken broth, and about 1 1/2 cups of shredded cooked chicken. I placed a couple tablespoons of this mixture into warmed corn tortillas and rolled up enchillada style. Then I poured a jar of homemade salsa verde over the top and added more shredded cheese. (You could use enchillada sauce or salsa instead of the salsa verde.) I baked it at 350 for about 2o minutes. I used all low fat or no fat dairy products. Turned out great.

If you're in a hurry, just layer the cream cheese mixture with torn up tortillas like you would a lasagne. This also cooks well in a slow cooker on low. My aunt also has taken a similar cream cheese mixture and served it by itself with tortilla chips for a chicken enchillada dip.

No comments: