Monday, October 13, 2008

Feeling like you've been hit by a truck

Could be a portrait of the two of us. D and I have both been under the weather the last few days. D has actually been crouping around for a week or so but we thought it was just his allergies. Then I ended up with it. Neither one of us feels particularly bad just exhausted and less than stellar. For the record, I'm the biggest weenie about being sick. I like to lay around and wish for death to come, even over little sicknesses like this. (Something tells me I'm going to have to buck up once the kids are home. I'm a bit disappointed that poopy diapers and laundry won't magically disappear just because I don't feel good.)

I don't think it has helped that I have not had to work today; I think if I were working I'd be focused on that rather than how tired I am. Anyway, I'm teaching Bible study tonight and leading a ministry meeting before that so I've got a full night ahead of me. D has parent-teacher conferences until 8 p.m. so the same holds true for him. D has an especially long week as he will put in a 12-13 hour day at school today and then turn back around and be there bright and early tomorrow morning followed by another 12-13 hour day on Thursday. Not fun, especially if you don't feel good.

No comments: