Thursday, April 19, 2012

Using a Sledgehammer to Kill a Fly...

Or something like that.

In preschool yesterday, the kids used a paper plate to make a weather chart, the kind where you fasten a brad in the center and then attach a pointer which spins to tell what kind of weather you are having for the day.

Conleigh told me on the way home that she wanted to make something different with hers by getting a new paper plate and reusing the brad.  So once home, she went to work.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Mama I can't write an 8!"  I peeked over her shoulder to help her with the 8 and saw that she was making a clock.   (Nevermind that the numbers were only on the right side of the plate.  I thought she was pretty smart for thinking of making it into a clock.)  And then I walked away while she wrote the rest of the numbers.

And came back to this...

Because what else would you use to attach a push through brad but Papa's electric screwdriver?

No comments: