Sunday, April 11, 2010

Strawberry Pie...errr...Dessert

Super Saver had strawberries for 1.15 a clamshell last week! Crazy! So I bought three, figuring I'd use them in something. I was going to make Strawberry Pie but had my plans changed by one impish little girl who pulled the pie crust off of the counter while it was cooling. (Even though she was supposed to be outside with Papa...even though she knew she wasn't allowed to eat anything other than her pasta which she refused to eat at lunchtime. So she got to clean up the mess and then didn't get to eat any of the end result once it was finished.) Since pie was out of the question, we changed it to a variation on a that yummy strawberry jello that has a pretzel crust. I used the strawberry jello mixture from the recipe and poured it over strawberries that I put in a 11 x 7 pan. Then I covered it with Cool Whip and topped it with pretzels that I had cooked on the stovetop with a little melted butter and sugar. All's well that end's well, I guess.

No comments: