Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cookiepalooza

photo courtesy of http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?id=18478

It's been a bit of cookiepalooza around here. I usually make cookies for D's soccer boys at least once during the season and I haven't yet, despite there only being two games left. That's about 90 cookies. And we're supposed to take cookies to church on Sunday, a dozen or so. I decided on Sunday, that I best get to work so I made four batches of cookies on Sunday and Monday. I did two that are old standby favorites: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Scotchies. (No my Scotchies don't look quite as nice as the ones in the photo.) I make those two varieties all the time. And then I made two more that were new: Pineapple Drop Cookies and a drop version of a sugar cookie. I used coconut extract in the pineapple ones, instead of vanilla, and didn't make the glaze. They were a nice change from the standard variety of cookies that you always see. And the sugar cookies, while they require chilling, do take less time because you don't have to roll them out or roll them into balls. Score for speed!

On a not so speedy note, the kids ran off with my container of sprinkles and managed to spill them on the living floor. They helped clean it up with the dustbuster. Imagine my horror (not really because if you know me, you know my housekeeping skills are suspect) when, while diapering this morning, I laid Conleigh on the living room floor after putting lotion on her back and pulled her up with 20 or so multicolored tiny tiny ball shaped sprinkles stuck to her.