Monday, August 3, 2009

Have I ever told you that my husband is one giant child? (I do mean that in a good way.) Last Sunday, he went over to another coach's house to watch a soccer game with a bunch of the soccer boys. He called me after, saying he was going to stay in and play soccer with the boys for a while. When he got home, he was sporting a swollen and bruised right hand. One of the boys hip checked him into a fence, twisting his fingers backwards and causing him to land on his hand when he fell. After a couple of days of it not improving, he went to the doctor and learned he had broken a bone in the top of his hand. So my right handed husband is now wearing a cast on his right hand and is hoping it will be off soon so that he doesn't have too many days of teaching in a cast.

Our town was having their annual summer festival this weekend so we went to a parade on Sunday where one of the floats was handing out koozies. Kenson pulled it out when we got back home and somehow figured out how to make it look like a cast. (I'm sure I'm biased but I thought it was pretty clever.) So here's my two boys, both of whom have probably met their insurance deductibles for the year, one because of parasites and another because of broken bones.

3 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

We are almost to fall soccer sign up. I was SURE I'd have two U6 this fall : (

I coached U6 and broke my right elbow at the same time (in 06)but unfortunately I can't claim it as a soccer injury. It was a pothole in a parking lot at the civic center for a dance recital dress rehearsal. Luckily they don't cast elbows on adults!!

Miss Alissa said...

Oh dear, poor Big Dog. So excited to see you guys this week:)

Katy said...

I experienced several injuries in Haiti to where I was dubbed "accident prone"...not so much fun. So cute how Kenson wanted to be like Daddy though.