We're now onto plan b regarding Kai's room. With his arrival, it became apparently that our new house was feeling a bit on the small side. We had two bedrooms for children but they are pretty small (like 10 x 11) and 1, 500 square feet on our upstairs but that also felt pretty crowded at times. Once Kai moved out of his bassinet, it became clear that he was not going to be able to share a room with Conleigh since he wasn't (and still isn't) sleeping through the night consistently. He usually wakes up 2-3 nights a week and since Conleigh is a kiddo who easily wakens and struggles with getting enough sleep, sharing a room with her was not really going to happen. We tried moving her in with the boys but three kids in a small room, with her on a trundle was not working. It was a bit like stacking cordwood. So we decided to finish a portion of our unfinished basement and now have a large bedroom for Kenson and Zeke, a bathroom, and a family room that are completely finished. So the big boys moved downstairs, Conleigh went back to sleeping in her old room, and Kai got the remaining upstairs bedroom. I used what we already had on hand rather than redoing a bunch of stuff for him. I bought 3 new prints for his room that cost $30 total and aside from the new room darkening curtains, those were the only items I purchased. I stole a few items out of my fall decorating stash (the orange willow tree and the acorn garland), grabbed a cute toy fox beanie out of the kids' toys, and found the other items in other places around the house.