Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Locs Braid Out

We had family picture this last week so I tried to do a bit more with Conleigh's hair than our usual "slap a headband on and call it good" style.  The night before, she washed her hair and I put some Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Curling Butter on as I sectioned it out into medium sized box braids.  I was pretty deliberate in how I positioned the boxes, creating a section for side swept bangs at the front by creating a part and then braiding to the right and left of that part.  The back section of her hair was braided going towards the back.  In other words, you braid the braids so that they will hang in the direction you want the hair to lay once you undo the braids.  I did pretty small sections, like maybe 6-8 braid locks in each box.  The actual box braids looked pretty decent by themselves.  Conleigh actually wore them to church on Sunday.  I should have taken a quick picture but I didn't think about it at the time.  I took the braids out on Sunday afternoon and the wavy locs were perfect.  She loved it.

No comments: