Friday, January 3, 2014

Gingerbread Cookies

When I was little, my mom had this amazing Betty Crocker cookie cookbook.  I remembering pouring over the photos of all sorts of treats-raspberry linzer squares dusted with powdered sugar, pastel iced melt away cookies, and amazing gingerbread men.   I have always been determined to attempt gingerbread men with my kids but sometimes gingerbread can be a bit daunting.  I've seen some recipes that contained a lot of ingredients and I'm always a little unsure of if I will get super soft cookies or thin, crunchy ones.

A week or so before Christmas, I saw this recipe posted on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try.  It seemed easy enough plus I liked the visual of not having to pipe the frosting onto the gingerbread men; she simply dunked them in white and brown chocolate.  So the kids and I set to work.





The dough was easy to make and easy to work with.  Thumbs up for the gingerbread men!

No comments: