Saturday, October 22, 2011

Call me a rockstar

Quite awhile ago, Passionate Homemaking had a post on how to be a rockstar with your kids. It involved visiting for school lunch and a pink tablecloth.  I think I just loved how the post simplified life, that our kids long for us to treasure them and do things that show they are treasured.  Small things, little things, things that seem very insignificant.  To be rockstar parents, we don't have to be perfect or invincible or able to conquer everything.  But somehow life gets busy and we find ourselves in the trenches, slipping and sliding into ruts as our kids' behavior frustrates us, the laundry vexes us, and the dirty floor laughs at us.  It is unfortunately all too easy to let the day go by and realize while sitting in the quiet that only comes after the kids go to bed that you did not do a single activity with them that involved face to face, "you are a blessing to me" time.


This week, I chose to be a rockstar.  It was not complicated.  It was something I stole from Pintrest.  Say hello masking tape roads!  Of course, I was hoping my kids would fall in love with it.  To be honest, I'm a bit surprised they haven't been more enamored.  (I was hoping for hours and hours of playing.  I think I got 30 minutes.)  But we'll leave it out another day and who knows, maybe, just maybe it will be loved as much as I love it.

Got a plan to be a rockstar this week?  Guess that gives me a valid reason for wasting time online.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

"It is unfortunately all too easy to let the day go by and realize while sitting in the quiet that only comes after the kids go to bed that you did not do a single activity with them that involved face to face, "you are a blessing to me" time." - oh, how sadly true this is for me too often!! Thank you for the timely reminder.