Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Still Small Moments and God's Unchanging Love

Those still small moments of parenting...I find myself smiling at those still small moments so often.  Yesterday, we were putting away laundry.  Kenson did not obey and had to do extra chores instead of just putting away the laundry.  After the consequence, he laid on his bed for a moment and I crawled up next to him. I gently reminded him of why he had a consequence.  Kenson then wanted to know if God loved him best when he obeyed.  Oh how thankful I am I stopped and took in that still small moment because in that moment I shared one of the biggest truths of all:  God does not love us better because we do certain things.  God loves us because He made us.  His love for us does not change based on what we do or don't do.    May the words spoken in that still small moment be ever present on my son's heart.  And may you be reminded of that truth today:  that you belong to God and nothing can separate you from His love.

No comments: