Thursday, December 16, 2010

Our Version of Punk Rock-Locs Faux Hawk








I'm guessing this is as close as we will get to a punk rock look anytime in the near future.  (Who knows what the teen years will hold, though?) 

Conleigh told me a few weeks back that she wanted her hair with the sides all up so a fauxhawk is what we tried.  A fauxhawk with microbraids and cornrows to be more exact.  I divided the sides into three sections and then cornrowed each of those sections up the sides.  Then I sectioned off the hair in the middle into 5 separate ponytails and included the hair that I cornrowed in those ponytails.  Then I cut hot pink and black tulle into strip and tied it around the base of the ponytails.  After fluffing out the ponytails a bit, the last step was finding some really cool punk clothes.  (I'm pretty sure we will not win any awards in that department.)  The black tights with silver hearts did seem to sort of fit the bill so we built our outfit around that.   I wasn't sure how much I liked it but we've gotten lots of compliments.  (Maybe just because it's different?)

4 comments:

Miss Alissa said...

That is awesome, Kayla!

My.3.Gurlz.With.Kurlz said...

Very nice! I like it... She is so pretty by the way!

Lisa said...

Cute! She pulls off the punk look beautifully! :)

Anonymous said...

Kayla, Conleigh looks so cute. You did good, Mom!! Taking this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New year!! Love you guys!!
Rick, Janice and Kelsey