Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tidbits from the week

*After a quick q and a session with Kenson about the letters in the dog's name, I overheard him tell the dog, "You hear that, Bo? It's B-O." Said with complete confidence in the dog's ability to remember and apply the information.

*And speaking of the dog, we no longer have the dog. He made a dash out of the gate on Friday while I was going to the car with the kids to get groceries. I quickly made sure the kids were locked in the back yard and took off after him but after chasing him 3 blocks decided I really had to turn back since I left two three year olds unattended. We got in the car and looked but never did find him. He has tags so maybe he'll turn back up. (One can hope, can't they? Especially since Kenson asks about 20 times a day "Where's Bo?' Also, it would have been nice of the dog if he had let me know his intentions of running away before I plopped down $80 in shots.)

*Both of my kids have slight umbilical hernias (outie belly buttons). Combine this with 3 year olds who don't quite have a solid handle on body parts and body part functions and you have a little girl who, upon watching her brother go potty, tried to use her outie belly button to go potty.

*Conleigh went with D to soccer practice on Saturday. She decided she would water the grass with the ever popular squat and potty method. Of course, D didn't see it until someone pointed it out to him. At Doane. On the turf.

*Conleigh's been diaper free during the day starting on Friday. So far only one accident. Wearing "unnahwahr" is a huge motivator.

*Kenson has been fighting some allergy type gunk and has a constant drippy nose and a cough. =(

1 comment:

Salzwedel Family said...

These tidbits made me smile!