Sunday, May 16, 2010

First days of summer

I just saw someone become a Facebook fan of "Welcome to Nebraska, the land where you can experience all four season in one week." Funny how that showed up this week where it's been rainy and cold with a few spots of sunshine. We still managed to enjoy some summerish weather. My kids just figured out how to blow dandelions; fun times until those seeds become new weeds in my yard.

We also had lots of graduation receptions/graduations to attend. We've had our fair share of pork sandwiches and cake. D wanted to attend the high school graduation and I would rather pull my toenails out with a butter knife than take two three year olds to commencement. So we split up for the actual graduation on Saturday. The kids and I got a few groceries and then picked out some treats to enjoy before playing at the park. Best kept secret in town? Paraiso's. It's a local tienda Latina on the corner of 13th and Main. They have a cooler full of ice cream novelties which is kind of a rarity. Strawberry, mango, lemon/lime, vanilla, coconut, my personal favorite of pineapple with chilli powder...lots of choices. And they also have a little bench right outside of a major intersection. A perfect spot for two three year olds to sit and watch the traffic.
D will be done with students on Wednesday and completely done with school on Friday. Grandma and Grandpa are going to be around on Thursday/Friday. And we have a wedding rehearsal/wedding that D and Kenson are going to be in over the weekend. Dandelions, ice cream, graduation, and weddings: sounds like summer to me!

1 comment:

Jan said...

I thought that was Minnesota (where you can experience all four seasons in one week)! [BTW, I quoted you from a comment you left on the Livesay's blog on my Facebook page!]