Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pregnancy Update

We've reached the halfway point, something I've really been ready to write since halfway seems like an accomplishment.  (Actually we're a bit past as I should be 21 weeks on Friday.)  The nausea is pretty much gone other than a few moments maybe 3-4 days a week.  I'm so thankful to not have so much time investing in feeling badly, thinking about feeling badly, thinking about eating, etc..  I have really continued to crave healthy stuff.  It feels like I am forever buying produce.  Early on, I think I was eating frozen fruit and Edy's whole fruit popsicles.  Then, I was on a celery and pickles kick.  Now I'm eating a cucumber at least once a day.  Apples have always been good.  I think in total I've maybe gained 6 pounds.  Lest that fool you, my stomach is seriously rearranged and I do look pregnant.  (Can't quite bring myself to post belly shot pictures; just not quite my thing.)  I am having some issues with sciatica type pain in one leg and hip so if you've got any pointers on that, I'll gladly take them.  In terms of doctor's appointments, all has been on track, from measurements to heartbeat.  Today, we're headed in for our first ultrasound.  And I had my friend, Angie, who has a 7 month old who has slept through the night since 2 months old bless my belly with her magic momma hands.  We've started talking names (and of course don't have any we love).  I found some cute crib bedding on Ebay that I ordered and I've been thinking a lot this last week about how we will rearrange and redecorate Conleigh's room to make it work for the baby and her.  (Have to say, I think I'm looking forward to that part.)

No comments: