Things I'm loving...
- Having my husband home by 4:30
- Being able to quickly run to school, to Walmart, to church, etc..
- The open layout which makes us feel more connected especially at meal time as I'm preparing food in the kitchen
Things I am not loving...
- The fly invasion, apparently from open doors from the builders and during the move
- The muddy yard which is a bit of an oddity since it has not rained all summer long; it's really due to us watering plants, hitting the grassless yard with the sprinklers, and then the kids, the grown ups and the dog tracking it in
|Kitchen-I really like our penny tile which ordered from Overstock.com. (2.95 shipping made it completely affordable.) I love our grey black laminate counter tops. And I love the barstool which we ordered online from a school supply catalog.|
|Kitchen-if you could take the above picture and turn to the right, this is what you would see. It's actually a large black stripe of chalkboard paint with cream on the top and the bottom. The frames are Goodwill finds which we painted and distressed. I love having my calendar right in front of me. I have been putting our verse for the week on it plus a prayer chart. And, it's also handy for writing up consequences when you don't have time to enforce the consequence right away.|
|Kids bathroom-I used some old pieces of molding to make these towel hooks. The vertical one has a Mason jar attached with wire to hold the toothbrushes and toothpaste.|
|Love these prints that I found on Zulily.|
|Love the light fixture which is actually from a farm supply catalog.|
|Living room-perhaps the item I am most excited about...our entertainment center. We made it from our old dresser and two old doors. I think it maybe cost us $50. The oil can on the bottom left shelf is from D's grandpa's gas station.|