Saturday, April 16, 2011

Say what?

*Today, after some drama over not getting to eat breakfast (because she spilled hers after being told not to move her plate), little Miss Conleigh told me she didn't want to stay with Mama and Papa anymore, that she wanted to go back to Haiti.  That's not the first time she has said it nor will it probably be the last.  For me it's more about affirming in her that 1.  she is stuck with us and 2. that we can't just pack up and run away when you don't like the situation.  Anyway,as I gently reminded her of those things, I ended with "You can't just run away to Haiti when you don't like the consequences."  Which Kenson heard and then followed up with "But you can run away to Grandma's!"  Ahhhh, seriously!  Where do they come up with this stuff?

*Conleigh has had some interesting words regarding her current policy of "open mouth, insert thumb."  (It's not really a current thing; it's her signature move, since infancy.)  The first incident involves a para at school named Marisol.  It goes something like this said while shooting daggers with her eyes. "Marisol is not nice. " "She did this to my thumb." Followed by a demonstration of thumb sucking and someone pulling her thumb out of her mouth.  Then the next day when I asked her if she would share her thumb with me since it must be so yummy, she matter of factly told me to "use my own thumb."


*And perhaps the one that gets me the most...the blogger software which I use to write my blog has a stats component where you can see how it is that people find your blog.  Specifically, it tells you what keywords people put into a search engine like Google that result in a person finding your blog.  For some reason someone searched for the phrase "everytime this broad gets up it's a waste of time".  And he/she managed to find my blog with that phrase...  Perhaps I will just stay in bed tomorrow.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Sounds like a plan. Wish it were feasible!

Kathy Cassel said...

Okay, that google search part is kind of werid.

If my twins don't get breakfast for some reason--messing around instead of getting dressed and it's time to walk to the bus is a common one, they take a piece of plain bread "for the road." That was they can never say they weren't fed.