Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Matching Mondays

Photobucket

For a while now, I've had a Matching Mondays button on the side of my blog.  I haven't done much with it, other than have it there for decoration.  But lately I've been feeling pressed to use it for what it was designed for:  to encourage people to consider adoption, specifically the adoption of waiting children who need to be matched with families.  I believe the idea originated here.  And I believe the idea wants to capitalize on the sheer number of people visiting blogs every day, believing that if those individuals who write shared about situations they were aware of, that perhaps matches could be made.

So I'm diving in.  I'm committing to share about waiting children, hoping that you will take the time to read their stories.  As much as it pains me to say it, the reality is if you are a child on a waiting list, there are not people lining up to adopt you.   You are probably a lot like Leanna, whom I wrote about yesterday, in that people are probably saying things like "I don't anticipate having a home for her anytime soon."  You may not have ever considered adoption before.  Maybe it's scary.  Maybe it seems impossible.  But maybe you are the "soon" for some waiting child. 

The first group of kiddos I'm sharing about are mostly from Kenson's orphanage and are listed on CCAI's waiting children's page.  It include R.F. (Ronaldo), the special needs infant whom D and I would most likely be considering if we were eligible to adopt from Haiti, and S.L.M (Samy Leo), another special needs toddler who has club feet.  There are also many older children including a set of triplet boys who hve been waiting since before Kenson came home.  And there are many younger children, less than age 2.  (And the photo on the side which changes often features a Haitian woman who happens to be one of our favorite nannies from Kenson's orphanage, Violet.  She is such a sweet lady, who is always smiling, always made an effort to talk to us, and told us every time we visited in very broken English that she loved us for loving Kenson.  Which now is making me teary to remember.) 

Are you the "soon"?

No comments: