Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's All Fun, Until It's(not)

We have had some major sick junk going around at our house the last few weeks.  Thankfully no puking.  Just snot.

However, sickness and two four year olds makes for some great moments.

As in, "Mama, I had to change my clothes at school today because I cough, den applesauce eveewhere."

And "Go get a kleenex, please."  "I don't need a kleenex.  I have a tongue."

Or "Go get a kleenex, please."  "I don't need a kleenex.  It crusty now."

I'll be glad when we're over this latest round of goop.  When I took Kenson to the doctor, his oxygen saturation was at 90 and the nurse practicioner said they usually hospitalize if kids are below 90.  So some swabs and a chest x ray and onto a diagnosis of almost pneumonia.  And Conleigh's cough has picked up steam and now sounds like she's about to lose a lung.  Although the pediatrician looked at her and didn't think it was a big deal and sent us out with no prescriptions so hopefully the pediatrician is right and it doesn't develop into something icky.  That's alright.  We don't need no stinkin' medicine!  Not when God gave you a tongue to use as a booger catcher!

1 comment: