Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekend reviews

The last few weeks have been crazy around here, especially the weekends.

Going backwards...

This weekend...
Went to Lincoln and truck shopped since D's truck is out of commission (Anyone want a '96 Chevy S-10 with transmission issues? It's priced really cheap. And not only is it a bit of a beater, it does have a heater which makes it a beater with a heater!) Didn't find a truck though. Kenson is now playing "broken truck" which consists of some version of him getting the toy pick up truck out and telling me it's broken.

Last weekend...
Real estate agent calls at 6 p.m. on Friday, wants to show house on Saturday morning. Frantic cleaning. Saturday was my grandma's estate auction in Atlantic. Bought nothing I needed but did get some good primitives like two cut out brickabrac shelves, an enamel tea kettle, and a painted plant stand. Then we trucked shopped along the way as we headed to Norfolk where we watched the Nebraska football game with D's dad. Spent the night there, then lunch with D's grandma and home.

The weekend before that...
Halloween and the church festival. My folks came on late that night and stayed until Sunday. They stayed with Kenson while D and I went to Omaha to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert, per the recommendation of my brother in law.

1 comment:

Life in Fitzville said...

Just found your blog through another blog, and your etsy site. I was wondering if you make satin lined hats for older boys. The ones I saw on your site were mostly girlish, except for the tan star one, which is a little young looking for my 12yo locked Haitian son. We are heading into a New England winter, and I am not looking forward to more multicolored fuzzies stuck in his hair!

Your Haitian cuties are adorable by the way!